Monday, May 16, 2016

If you don't follow me on other forms of social media then you probably have no idea where I have been and what has been going on this past week. 

I apologize that I am so behind on comments and posting and basically life in general but this last week was a really long and hard week. 

You may have seen (or may not) that a detective in Kansas City was shot and killed in the line of duty. 
 

He was family. 

He was my cousin's husband and he was a good man and a great father. I had just seen him a few days before at his youngest daughter's birthday party. He was laughing and playing with the kids. 

The whole thing has just been tragic and heartbreaking. 

However in spite of this horrible tragedy this city has shown nothing but support and love for his family and the turn out for his funeral....the sheer scale and magnitude of it....was astounding. 

I was so moved by the compassion of this city.....I still cannot properly explain just what it meant...

All I can say is Thank You. 

  Thank You to the KCPD. You are all heroes in every sense of the word. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Thank you Kansas City.

Thank you to my hometown of Weston. 

Thank you KC Sporting. 

Thank you to all of the officers, coordinators, citizens, basically EVERYONE that has been there every step of the way this week helping. 



And lastly....

Brad....we will miss you terribly. May you rest now. 




2 comments:

  1. Whoa. I've seen this on your other sites, but this post made me cry and feel a little overwhelmed. With all the negativity that the media reports about "bad" cops, I often get so frustrated...because they majority, the LARGE majority, I truly believe are good, decent people that have signed on to do a job that puts their life in danger on a daily basis. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts